[RTTY] Guess I have been away longer than I thought.

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Guess I have been away longer than I thought.
From: Thom Durfee <ki8w@usa.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:48:18 -0400
Downloaded my ADIF file from LOTW yesterday into my Ham Radio Deluxe suite. Looks like my last contact logged into that system was April 23, 2005. Time really flies.

Guess I have been out of the hobby longer then I thought.

So a question.  This I have seemed to have forgotten.

On my TS-480 the mode is automatically set to LSB on 160, 80 and 40 meters and USB on all bands above that.

which mode should I be using to transmit RTTY signals? LSB or USB all the time. Or should I just let the radio decide that.

and it's raining again.

73

Thom KI8W