Re: [RTTY] Guess I have been away longer than I thought. +the Signalink

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Guess I have been away longer than I thought. +the Signalink USB
From: Kok Chen <rtty@w7ay.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:36:06 -0700
> On Sep 30, 2016, at 10:08 AM, Thom Durfee <ki8w@usa.com> wrote:
>
> I may experiment sometime with a direct FSK keying using a USB port if I can
> figure out how to do that.  I am so used to having serial com ports but I
> have not owned a computer that has them for many years.  USB still baffles me
> somewhat.

Take a look at

http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/tinyfsk/

http://www.kc4zvw.org/fskit.html

Andy, K0SM/2's TinyFSK is an FSK interface that maintains proper 45.45 baud
keying (which you will find is very uncommon among USB based serial ports).
The computer interface is through USB.

Doug, K4DSP's FSKit takes the AFSK output from sound cards and turn them into
both an FSK keying signal and a VOX-based PTT keying signal. The computer
interface is just plain audio, no serial or USB port needed.

73
Chen, W7AY