Re: [RTTY] Guess I have been away longer than I thought.

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Guess I have been away longer than I thought.
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:20:43 -0400

The TS-480 has an RTTY mode but it is FSK and the Signalink does
not support FSK generation (it's an expensive cheap sound card).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 9/30/2016 10:39 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:48:18 -0400, KI8W wrote:

which mode should I be using to transmit RTTY signals?   LSB or USB all
the time.  Or should I just let the radio decide that.

REPLY:

It doesn't matter as long as the RF you transmit has MARK as the
higher frequency and SPACE as the lower frequency. How you get there
is up to you, your radio and your software. Do whatever is most
convenient.

The best move is to next time, get a radio that has a dedicated RTTY
mode and you will only set it once and never have to worry about it.

73, Bill W6WRT