[RTTY] TinyFSK? COM? RPi?

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] TinyFSK? COM? RPi?
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 12:57:14 -0500
OK, so this all seems interesting and Arduino Nano boards are cheap.
I'm curious how this shows up on W10 once you've got your Nano all
configured with K0SM's sketch and wired into your station (a couple
transistors) and have been googling around.   I found this passage in
G3YYD's 2Tone docs:

``TX TinyFSK: TinyFSK system developed by Andy K0SM using an Arduino
board. Clicking on the button will bring up a dialogue to select COM
port and Mark tone polarity. The TinyFSK PTT has to be used. Larry
K8UT is in the final stage of development of a compatible system using
a Raspberry Pi. There is essentially no timing jitter using this
system compared to FSK and so is the preferable version if you have to
use Radio based FSK.''

So I gather it presents as a COM port and you just tell the software
where to go and that's that.  I gather, then, that MMTTY could be set
up the same way (no gripe with 2Tone, just more familiar with MMTTY).

The other thing that caught my eye is mention of TinyFSK being
recreated for the RPi.  This is of interest to me only because I
happen to have an RPi sitting idle, looking for work.  I'd have to
order an Arduino (Amazon claims I'd have it Sunday but I'll probably
get another credit when they miss their target - a couple more misses
and my Prime is free for the year).

Fascinating discussion, BTW.  Also, I'm ignoring the AFSK vs FSK
religious bits.    :-D