Re: [RTTY] BARTG sprint

Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG sprint
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:42:51 -0800

This is from http://www.m0oxo.com/direct-a-bureau-instructions/new-to-qsl
> -ing-how-to-guide.html , and is typical of several I read.
>
> "Contents of a QSL Card
>
> There is some information that needs to be on all QSL cards to be valid
> for the various awards, and also to confirm the contact. This includes both
> call signs (yours and the station worked), the frequency or band, the mode,
> date and time, and a signal report. This is highlighted in point 3 below;
>
> 1) Callsign; Your Callsign needs to be on both sides of the card. It needs
> to be big enough to be easily seen by the person who you are sending it to.
> You may also consider (on the rear), adding several other of your Callsigns
> in which case you would to have the 'tick-box' option on there (see image
> below).
>
> 2) Your name with Postal and Email addresses (if applicable).
>
> 3) QSO information area. This should be large enough for you to write all
> the data needed to confirm the QSO. Date, Time (UTC), Band, Mode, RST etc
> etc are all required. ..."

The granddaddy, ARRL DXCC, does not require RST, at least as I read the
rules, http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules . I know of many other awards that do
not require RST.

Although RST may be in Cabrillo files uploaded to LoTW, I don't think RST
is stored as part of a LoTW record. LoTW confirmations are accepted for
DXCC, WAS, and WPX.

Many contests, for instance NAQP, California QSO Party, CWops Tests, and
others, do not have RST as part of the exchange, and their confirmations
are accepted for most awards.

73,

Hank, W6SX