[SECC] Self Spotting

Subject: [SECC] Self Spotting
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:15:53 -0400
I'm sorry if someone was offended.  Indeed many, if not most, contest
rules prohibit self-spotting, but the GQP rules encourage self spotting.
  In fact, there is a link from the GQP home page to an internet site
where GQP spots are published.  I tried to self-spot myself as W4AN/M
three or four times on Saturday when the rate was slow, but, after that,
I was too busy to try to self-spot for more callers, since I had about
all I could handle.

The SECC member's criticism should be directed, if anywhere, to the
rules for the GQP, not at Rick or anyone else who self-spotted.

73, John, K4BAI.