[TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:53:22 -0400
Yes but that requires a constant supply of power for the xtal oven.
Then after warm up there is some drift while transmitting cw due to
internal cabinet heat. I can be more than the 50hz warm up drift
depending upon how hot it gets inside. This extra drift occurs mostly
in the bfo. It can easily be measured on a frequency counter as I did
or by spot comparison against wwv. TenTec does not consider this a
problem and states that it's a trade off for a lower noise floor which
is true.
Steve N4LQ