[TenTec] Ten Tec Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Performance
From: jcunningham@rockport.k12.ma.us (Jon Cunningham)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:34:20 -0400
I own a 1000mp and just bought a omni 6 plus from ten-tec..of course a mike
andpower supply and all filters..over 3000 dollars by the time it
arrives....I objectively try to compare the two rigs..first I notice the 20
meter display is off 30 hertz...call the factory..thats normal!  That's
normal on a 3000 dollar radio???? I notice other annoying "normal"
glitches...cw click on qsk, drift,etc.....Do I have a dud or is this what I
get????  The 1000mp is a lot more receiver and transmitter...no matter how I
look at it...and after spending this much money I have trid to justify it,
believe me...comments?????  Had to build an pre-amp to use the gold line
mike as well-it wouldn't drive the tentec!!!!   jon  k1tp