[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:34:54 -0500
Dr. Johnson:  I find your comments very interesting.  However your second
paragraph seems to conflict with the principles of conjugate impedance matching
as described  by Mr. Walter Maxwell in the QST articles?  Mr. Maxwell explained
that it is not important that the actual antenna itself is resonant as long as
the system is resonate.  So as not to confuse anyone further, we are talking
about two different "Maxwells"; i.e. Mr. Walter Maxwell, W2DU who wrote the
articles "Another Look at Reflections" that appeared in QST and Mr. James Clerk
Maxwell who lived in the 19th century in Scotland, who was a Presbyterian
Minister and developed the mathematical theories of radiation or something to
that effect. - 73's- Corn - k4own.