[TenTec] Omni VI 9MHz IF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI 9MHz IF
From: ken.d.brown@verizon.net (Ken Brown)
Date: Sun Feb 2 21:08:12 2003
Hi all,

Thank you to those who have answered my previous question about the
various versions and upgrades of the Omni VI. It is still not completely
clear to me what is available for 9 MHz IF filters. My radio has two
filters (not counting Y1 the 15 kHz 2 pole filter) the "standard" 2.4
kHz filter and the "narrow" 0.5 kHz filter. And there is no space for a
third (or second optional) filter. Since there has been lack of clarity
in my question, and consequently a similar lack in the responses, I
still do not know whether the most available spaces is two total, or two
optional filters for a total of three (counting the standard 2.4 kHz
filter), not counting the 15 kHz two pole filter. If a total of three is
available on a more recent 9 MHz mixer/IF board, how does the selection
and indication of which filter is in use work? Push the button three
times to scroll through all three possibilities and back to the
beginning? How do you know which one of the narrow filter options is in
use (other than by how it sounds, or remembering how many times you
pushed the button) a two color LED perhaps?

Ken N6KB