[TenTec] Radio Shack 25 amp switching supply?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Radio Shack 25 amp switching supply?
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun Mar 9 17:40:15 2003
This is not uncommon at all with regard to switching power supplies.  There
are companies that "specialize" in switching power supplies.  Most have a
patent on the switching system design and methodology.  And most companies
that need or use switching power supplies buy them from some where else,
namely companies that make switching supplies.

Don't be mislead to think that just because it has a ABC label or a XYZ
label or a Tentec label assures that it is made by that company.  They buy
it, maybe re-package it, maybe have it made in their color, put their label
and serial number on it and sell it under their name.  As long as it has a
warranty backed by the company you purchased it from or that it has a "pass
through" warranty, it really makes no difference.  Frankly understanding the
complexity of switching power supplies, it's best go with a company that
knows what they are doing.

73
Bob, K4TAX