[TenTec] hp Z3801A GPS Unit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] hp Z3801A GPS Unit
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat Jun 7 20:56:11 2003
Duane,  N9DG, wrote,  in part:

> The fundamental difference (from RS232)
> is that RS422 is a differential signaling scheme with
> +/- TX/RX pairs going both directions (4 wires) and
> RS232 is ground referenced.

Ok,  I give in,  hi.  I have added through the "secondary"
wires to provide the differential pair scheme from the
hp GPS unit's RS422 signal output DB25F.  So now have
the differential pairs:  for transmitted data,  the wire
pairs 2 and 14;  for rcvd data, the wire pairs 3 and 16.

These will go into the coming Telebyte Model 260 RS232
to RS422 non powered interface converter.  Power for
the active elements in the converter is taken from the
RS232 side of the connection,  that is the PC.  Info on
this converter is at:

http://www.telebyteusa.com/catalog/products/260.htm

Mine should get out here from Long Island by Monday
or Tuesday;  then we will see how all of this works!!

73,  Jim KH7M