[TenTec] Pegasus, Jupiter or ICOM 706 MKII G?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus, Jupiter or ICOM 706 MKII G?
From: wg6h@postoffice.pacbell.net (Bill Miner)
Date: Fri Jun 20 00:54:40 2003
Guy,

I have an Icom 706 MkIIG that I use mobile.  It has a reasonably good
receiver and it is nice to have the extra band coverage in such a small
package.  It is a pain to operate on HF because of the multi level menu
and multi function keys. If you ever plan to do any serious contesting
or DXing you may find this rig lacking in several ways.

The Peg/Jupiter on the other hand have better performance on HF and are
much simpler to operate and can hold there own in a contest.  YMMV

73,
Bill - K6WLM