[TenTec] HP GPS Receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] HP GPS Receiver
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat Jun 21 14:41:04 2003
> I think it's pretty much conclusive that there is absolutely
> zero benefit to modify the internal COMM port jumpers to
> RS-232.

Am glad I didn't try,  hi.

> Now that that's off my chest, the satellites are tracking fine...

> I am assuming that the "GPS LOCK" lite on the HP unit will
> light up after the survey is complete?

That is correct;  and after that occured,  and the light remained
on for a time,  I disconnected the cable linking the hp
unit to my PC.  I returned the PC port to my rig as a CW
keying port,  PSK31,  etc.  So far,  have found no need to
"look" at the sat rcvr status;  guess no point in it, as long
as the Lock light stays ON,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M