[TenTec] 500 Hz filter questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 500 Hz filter questions
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Sun Jun 22 15:07:25 2003
My OMNI VI (Opt. 3)'s 500 Hz first IF filter causes a drop of about 1 1/2
"S" units when inserted into the filter chain. The other four filters cause
no problems. So either the 500 Hz filter is defective, or something more
sinister is at work. (It is not loose.)

1. Has anyone had a similar experience with such (Ten-Tec) filters? I'm
tempted to buy a new one from T-T and see if that clears up the problem
before I ship the whole transceiver back to Sevierville.

2.  Any views as to whether the Inrad 400 Hz substitute in the first IF
would be a better choice? (I tend to favor T-T filters because their center
frequencies and skirts seem to be well matched to the receiver.)

73,
John, W3ULS