[TenTec] new Orion group on Yahoo

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] new Orion group on Yahoo
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:47:29 -0400
Hi Eric et al,

K3NA wrote:
>I just don't want to go through the added effort of reading webpage-based email as I already have quite a bit of email workload.

        I really cannot understand why ANYONE who is interested in painless
reading of E-mail lists doesn't read it ALL on the web.  It is SO much
faster, plus you don't clog your inbox with the garbage which 90% of
most reflectors are anyway.  From the following single URL...

http://lists.contesting.com/archives/

I can read all 16 of the contesting.com reflectors including this one
with a single click on [Thread].  What could be faster?  Plus the
information is nicely organized by thread so I can skip the 90% garbage
(either by subject or by known garbage authors).  Yahoo has the same
sort of summary page for the ~10 Groups I read but I cannot reference it
because it's my PRIVATE (there's that word again) summary for my groups
only.

        I run the Topband reflector and scan about 20 others, and I NEVER
receive E-mail directly from ANY of them.  I'm convinced that the way I
do it is many times faster and easier than downloading E-mail directly.
If you haven't looked into this way of reading reflectors, you really
should do so IMHO.  You can subscribe both contesting.com and yahoo
lists, choose the "no mail" option and never again have to download a
single E-mail.

73, Bill W4ZV