Re: [TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle
From: Ynkedragon@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:56:38 EDT
In a message dated 04/26/2004 00:36:07 Eastern Daylight Time,
designer@quickdata.com writes:

<< However, there are few Bencher ST-1/2 or Vibroplex Keyer models for
 sale. Almost everything I see in classifieds is iambic.  >>

The devil is making me say this--popular items are seldom sold.

Bencher (and some others) also make single lever paddles.  Try a few
different models till you find one which you like.  I have found Vibroplex
single-lever paddles at hamefest at reasonable prices.  Just keep looking.  If
all else
fails, make a manufacturer happy with a sale of a new unit.

I've tried to use the squeeze keyer paddles--without activating the keyers
iambic mode--with little success.  I think I caress the paddle fingerpieces a
bit too firmly.

After you get "serious" about CW operating, I'd recommend your looking at
either the LogiKey K-1 or K-3 keyers.  A Ten-Tec radio, good smooth paddle and
LogiKey keyer are the best tools ever made for CW operating.

73, k3yd