Re: [TenTec] Where do the filters go

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Where do the filters go
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:42:35 -0500
> As the saying goes with stocks,  "Present or past performance is
no
> guarantee if future performance."

On the other hand, the number of operators who run QSK CW at a
bezillion WPM must be exceptionally small in the grand scheme of
things..  (Anybody can SEND that fast.  I can't copy much over 25
wpm, but I can send REAL fast without a single solitary error).
.
And luddite that I am, one sends CW with a bug (a vintage Lightning
Bug is my preference) or at least a keyer with paddles -- keyboards
don't count :-)

The Orion has a bug in the sub receiver (tuning rate) in AM mode.
But the number of people who care enough to even realize there is
a problem is so infinitessimally small that it hasn't been fixed 16
months after it was first (and repeatedly) reported to T-T.

Just not enough demand to warrant the attention, or additional cost,
or engineering effort, or whatever .. not that that glitch or the fact
that you can't hear a break between words at 100 wpm doesn't
affect somebody who cares  ... :-)

Grant/NQ5T