[TenTec] Model 962 PS repaired!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Model 962 PS repaired!
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:31:01 -0800
Thanks to everyone who sent info and suggestions. It was interesting that the bridge rectifier used in the 962 is rated at 25 amp while the one used in the 960 is a 35 amp one. I could not find a part number on my 961 schematic so not sure what value it uses.

Anyway I found the specifications for the bad bridge via a Google search and then checked Radio Shack and the had two bridge rectifiers and one is a drop in replacement for the bad one. Put some heat sink compound on it and screwed it down and the push on connectors went right on and every thing is working great. I will order a direct replacement from Ten-Tec tomorrow.

If you ever need one in an emergency:
Radio Shack # 276-1185 Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier, 25A, $3.29 each

73,
Jerry, KG6TT