[TenTec] About the ACOM/Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] About the ACOM/Orion
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:31:55 -0800
I am very curious about the ongoing thread on the Orion and the ACOM. (The ACOM is a high-end linear amplifier?) Please, would someone take a moment and provide a brief summary of the ACOM, in particular what makes it unique and attractive overall. There seems to be a number of Orion owners who are using it.What do the errors refered to actually do? Shutdown the amp? What do you do to clear them? Are they related to QSK operation? Are these errors generated by an 'ACOM' preceived impedance mismatch with the Orion, over-drive, T/R timing issue?

I am not about to offer any advice. Anything I would add would be entirely theoretical and based on SOP troubleshooting and certainly already tried numerous times. It would simply be more informative as an interested party to have a more solid context for better understanding.... and you never know there might be an ACOM/Orion combination in my future too.

Have a great day!
Jerald, KG6TT