Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 fan

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 fan
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:47:28 -0600
Most likely most of the noise is related to the "tip speed" of the fan. The
larger the diameter the higher the tip speed as related to a given RPM.
More blades and less RPM without sacrificing CFM is the item to watch for in
a replacement.

Case and point: I recall that the P-51 with its Rolls-Royce engine swinging
the 13 ft  x 4 blade prop at take off  RPM actually had the tips breaking
the sound barrier, although the plane was still on the ground.  Now that's
noisy!

73
Bob, K4TAX