Re: [TenTec] Orion II Tuning Questions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Tuning Questions
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:31:05 -0600
I find it interesting that folks seem to be trying what might be described
as non-operational modes or methods and expressing concerns related to the
results.

Tuning/changing frequency while sending CW?  Changing passband tuning or
changing power while sending?  Very strange.

Keep in mind that with every change of a control, that control must send an
interrupt request to the microprocessor.  This request basically says "hey
Mr. microprocessor I need to communicate with you".  It is a time sharing
issue.  Get accustomed to it.  Of course software mask can specify which
control must get priority.  So therefore, is sending CW more or less
important than changing frequency?  I'd say that changing frequency is more
important thus that encoder gets serviced first.  The CW generator would
then be 2nd priority and the remainder of the functions become lesser
priority.

73
Bob, K4TAX