Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs Omni VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs Omni VI
From: "Rich McCabe" <r.mccabe@1967z28.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:20:22 -0600
Paul said "I think that the Jupiter has the best receieve audio of any radio
that I have used on SSB. "

I agree with that. I think its one of th best rag chewing radios ever. You
can listen to it for hours without fatigue. And personally, I think that
same smooth audio carries across on transmit as well. The Jupiter might not
stack up against the Omni VI in a contest, but I have friends with both
radios and also a FT1000mp and I would much rather listen to them on their
Pegasus/Jupiter than the Omni VI or MP.

I have had two Pegs. Ten Tec did a great thing with the DSP/Filter setup.

73,

Rich
kd0zv