Re: [TenTec] Corsair dying on TX- help, hints, please

To: <geraldj@ispwest.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair dying on TX- help, hints, please
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:34:36 -0600
If this radio has a built in SWR or ALC metering circuit check each of the
diodes.  Should be something like 1N270 or even 1N34.  If one of the diodes
is open, this might cause some funnies in some rigs having a built in
bridge.

Easy to fix with new diodes and you don't have to ship the radio.

The thing I remember about a Corsair I have used, is that RF could get back
in the radio from not having twisted pair DC power leads and power supply
near the antenna, in an attic shack.  That could kick the circuit breaker on
Ten Tec power supplies.

So check for the obvious first, and make sure you don't have one of the
above problems.
Stuart
K5KVH