Re: [TenTec] battery life

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] battery life
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:57:37 -0500 (EST)
Expect that a 12-volt battery will not run any TT radio very long without
some charge.  My only gripe with their products is that the radios go
nuts at about 12.0 Volts.  Last year used my brand new Orion on FD, but
the power source was a generator/power supply combo.  This year will use a
battery to power the gear and then  charge the batt on a continious basis.

Even my Scout drops out fairly quickly on a battery.  If you have a
14-volt battery--or one of the battery boosters that will give you 13.6
without regard to the battery charge status--you are in business.  Orion a
real killer on FD!

73

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU