Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion?
From: Neal Campbell K3NC <nealk3nc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 12:39:31 -0400
I agree on this point: The Orions are now being challenged by both
Elecraft as well as Flex Radio with their new Flex 5000a (the next
radio I am buying). Its time they stopped working on new products and
defend the Orion brand by getting the firmware in bullet proof shape.
They made some great progress with this last release. Its time to
spend another 3 months and knock out a worlds best NR and those
annoying little "features".

Personally, until I find a better contesting rig i will be hard
pressed to sell my O2. But, I could find the Flex 5000a is a better
contest rig.......

Neal Campbell K3NC
nealk3nc@gmail.com

telnet to our DX Spotting clusters at: dxc.k3nc.com, ports 12001 and 23

"Devoted to Dogs: How to be your dog's best owner"
Great Dog Book  at www.abrohamneal.com