Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion a bit premature?

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion a bit premature?
From: Richard Beerman <rbeersr@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 19:46:49 -0500
Ron.... from the prospective of these dinky American radio companies
(Flex and Elecraft) , why would they lie and put out bad info? We all
know that both these companies are credible with their products'
claims.  I do not see them needing to do this because they went
outside their company for firmware / software design. This is
completely documented. Ten-Tec, on the other hand  announced today
that all software / firmware work on Orion / Orion II / OMNI VII and
others was all done in house. These little companies went out of
house to have a really nice and functional product. I look forward to
confirmation of the numbers by ARRL and others. Not buying Ten Tec
any time soon!  From what I read, they should probably seek outside
help for their software as well.... at least for the ORION's.  73's
Dick   W5AK