Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion a bit premature?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion a bit premature?
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 07:26:27 -0400
On 5/1/07, Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net> wrote:
> Isn't it a bit premature to be making comparisons with radios that aren't
> even for sale yet?

Yes, this IS premature.  But I think we CAN say that on paper, the K3
offers more performance than any other radio in the marketplace at the
$3000 point and this will hopefully have a more widespread effect of
tamping down the explosion in upward price movement of high-end rigs.
I would also venture to say that much of the inspiration for the K3
design actually came from the Orion.

73,
Barry N1EU