Re: [TenTec] O II and headphones?

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O II and headphones?
From: "Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:52:09 -0700
The OII has an entirely separate headphone amplifier IC from the speaker
amplifier IC. The master AF gain affects both speaker and headphones - but
the basic levels are settable in firmware . Both IC's are basically 3 or so
ohms output impedance but the headphone path is stereo - the speaker is
mono. A later mod of the headphone output from TT added a RF filter on the
headphone output which adds about 24 ohms in each side of the headphone
output.

The speaker IC is a TDA1013B - the headphone output amp is a LM4811 - the
LM4811 is driven from a PT2258 and out5 and out6 of the PT2258 are tied in
parallel to feed the input of the TDA1013B - theTDA1013 has a a 100K
resistor to ground fed from two 560 ohm isolation resistors from out5 and
out6 of PT2258. That 100K could be lowered to lower speaker path gain- or
perhaps raising both 560 will also but that is more involved.

 All this is on the Orion II schematics on the web site . A15 566 Audio.

FWIW -

 73 Hank K7HP