Re: [TenTec] O II and headphones?

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O II and headphones?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:59:25 -1000

> Is there some other reason for the complexity, audio products that can
> be fed to the headphones but not to the speaker, such as transmit audio
> monitor?

How about the fact that there are two receivers with various  left ear /
right ear audio feed options. I don't have an Orion, so I'm only
guessing on this, but there may also be various options for what (and in
what proportions) comes out of the speaker. If you just did the simple
thing that has worked for years, that is put a resistor in series with
the headphone jack, fed by the same audio PA that feeds the speaker, you
would have to use two audio PAs (and two speaker outputs), and whatever
you selected for the speakers would have to be the same for the headphones.

DE N6KB