Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:00:43 -0500
In reading through the comments about the survey, I found it interesting
that several that complained about the survey in one way or another also
were the same ones voicing objections to the various models of Tentec
Radios.  Perhaps these folks are just destined to be "complainers" in life.
Perhaps the FCC should issue and "Extra Advanced Complainer" license class.

At the same time, several mentioned the need for firmware updates to various
products.  Some indicated they felt Tentec had not been responsive. In my
quickly looking at the RF Squared site, I counted some 46 versions released
for the Orion, some 15 versions released for the Orion II, and 25 versions
for the Omni VII.  Although it may be true that some of the issues may not
have been resolved to the end user expectations and maybe some of the
features have not matured to the level of the end user expectations, I'd say
from the list and number of revisions,  it would seem that Tentec has done
quite an admirable job in listening to the users and addressing the issues.

Now, lets see, how many versions of Microsoft windows and how may patches
have been released for each version?  Too many for me to count.  I have over
200 patches for XP alone.  I guess my point is this,  in a firmware/software
based world, completion is not a word in the vocabulary.  There will always
be "bugs" of one form or another and there will always be items that the
need or those that can be added and then the big topic is "user
expectations".

Of course, keep up the flow of information and discussions.   Tentec does
read the posts from several sites and they do react.

73
Bob, K4TAX