Re: [TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to computer ---direct--- how?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to computer ---direct--- how?
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:11:53 -0400
You are right of course.  Not too many N equipped systems around yet though,
especially among hams.

But one could never use up that much bandwidth in a ham environment, in my
opinion.

As to the other applications failing, I'd bet on misconfigurations or other
problems.  Even 45 mb is an awful lot of bandwidth to use up, and being
ethernet, it does NOT serve just one computer at a time, serially.  It is a
fully parallel protocol.  But misconfiguration even of the protocol can mess
it up.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ