Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:10:28 -0500
How about an answer from the other side.  I work with computers all day
long, and am very comfortable with them.  I also run digital modes, and
enjoy CW.  I prefer a radio with knobs because there are just some things
that are a lot faster without having to deal with a mouse or a keyboard.
Some day I'll try a computer-operated radio (I've done a little), but give
me a well-designed hardware interface any day.  Doing it by computer (to me)
is like driving a racing car in a computer game vs. driving a real racing
car.  Fun, but little feel/feedback compared to the real thing.  I'm not
disparaging software interfaces, they're just not for me. And I like
computers and digital modes!

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas