Re: [TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside
From: "John Molenda" <cdistflatfoot@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:35:04 -0400
I thank all who responded to my question about soldering PL259s outside .  I
checked out the big weller solder gun and that looks good but the big
american beauty is huge and looks like a quality tool they also look
expensive .  when I soldered my connectors Ilast time at the tower I  had my
helper hold up a big side of a box to break the wind from hitting the work
and that allowed me to get away with the med. sized weller gun on a windy
but warm day .
 thanks to all who hellped.  John kb2huk