Re: [TenTec] wither CW?

To: "N4PY2" <n4py2@earthlink.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW?
From: "Phil Chambley Sr." <k4dpk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:45:53 -0400

 Possibly I didn't clarify my point to the extent necessary.  I have nothing
against the use of keyers, bugs (I use both) or even keyboards for sending.

But nowadays one can find a DX station's frequency on a cluster, have the
computer copy him and then press a button to send a canned transmission, and
do all this without being able to copy his own name at 5 wpm.  These are the
ones to which I referred, and I think there should be a scoring difference
for those, compared to folks who actually do know the code at whatever
level.

It bothers me to hear someone say he worked  a station on CW, when in fact
he can't copy or send at any speed.

Phil C. Sr.

k4dpk