Re: [TenTec] swr

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] swr
From: "N4PY2" <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:08:02 -0400
For a 43 foot vertical antenna, to match it on 1.83 mhz, you need an 82 uH
coil at the antenna base.
If you use a 3 inch diameter coil form, and wind 20 turns per inch, you will
need 33 turns of wire on the coil to get 82 uH.

The coil is not simply the missing length of wire wound on a coil form.  In
this example, the length of wire wound on the coil form is about 26 feet.

And for a quarter wave vertical antenna, the full size length is calculated
by 234/length in feet.  For 1.83 mhz, this is 128 feet.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com