Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:26:56 -0400 (EDT)
Good to see Ten-Tec is still introducing new products ( in the middle of a
recession no less!), for some reason the front panel reminds me of the Argonaut
V I once owned.  Owning an Omni VII, am not likely to buy an Eagle (or Orion)
but hopefully they will sell a bunch of them.  Do know one thing, if ever I buy
another rig it will be a Ten-Tec and don't care if the TSs and FTs ( and HBs? )
are the finest/cheapest in the world.

Regarding "simple and cheap" radios, not a thing wrong with an old 540 or 546.
I have one of each that cost $200 and work FB for me, use the 540 every weekend
for 40M nets.  They don't have all the bells, whistles, menus, banks of knobs
and switches, but I don't enjoy using all that stuff anyway.  Menus tire me
very quickly.

73, Curt KB5JO