Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:38:11 -0600
A thin end-fed wire with an outdoor autotuner and a couple of elevated
counterpoises also works great; I have to believe it will work better than
anything in the attic.

Proof of concept:
In CQWW this past weekend, with all my antennas taken down for the pending
relocation back to DL, I quickly put up an end-fed 1/2 lambda wire (66 ft.)
for 40.
I used a commercial unit from Par-electronics, because I had it available.
It matches just one band; 40.

The feedpoint was under the rain gutter, the middle rose to a height of
about 20 ft. and the far end was about 10 ft. off the ground.

With the Eagle, I was able to work DX in all corners of the globe.
Africa, Asia, Pacific, and of course Europe - I'd like to say no problem but
I'd be lying.
But with patience I got most of the stations I called.

Anything outdoors is better than everything indoors!

73
Rick