[TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna
From: Jliving39@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:42:34 EST
Guys,
     When I lived in apartments used to get the highest  floor possible and
sick a Hustler mobile mast and appropriate radiator out the  window.  Had a
couple of radials on the floor.  It worked fine.   Of course at that time
many, many sunspots helped.  Outside stealth with  black insulated wire is
what I use for my 4o meter dipole.  It is kinda  bent but does work and fairly
good swr.  I used to like verticals on the  roof, but got tired of always
messing with the radials, etc.  Find stealth  dipoles easier to deal with.
Our association does not bug us too  much.  Also huge tv dishes are around
now and legal.  I have a flat  roof that backs up to woods which makes it a
lot easier.  Really would like  a 3 el tri bander, but can not go that far.
jim K4CFA  Somewhere in  Va  PS This conversation never took place