Re: [TenTec] New Eagle - but odd sounding audio nosie

To: k1vt@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Eagle - but odd sounding audio nosie
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:55:44 -0500
Can you make a digital recording of the audio with your computer or
other recording device?   If so, perhaps you could share it with some
the guys who have experienced ears, and with TT service so they can hear
what you hear.

I had a similar issue when my Omni VII first arrived.  Turns out I was
not using the RF-gain and AGC and AF-gain settings to full advantage and
also John Henry heard what I heard and could replicate it on the
official gear at TT HQ....  and within a few days issued an updated
firmware release addressing that and a couple of previously pending
issues.

So... maybe that way they can listen in over your shoulder, as it were.

Happy Trails.