[TenTec] Pegasus Control, new PC, port problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Control, new PC, port problems
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:57:32 -0500
Hi Gang,

I had to build a new PC and did not realize the MB has a serial header, so I
ordered a Roswill (up to) 4-port PCI-E to serial/DB9 card. Per Device
Manager the com ports, including the header, are all enabled and working
fine.

OS is Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, clean install. MB (if it matters) is an
ASRock P67 Extreme 4, 8gb RAM, I5-2400s processor and SSD drive. It seems a
solid build.

However, I haven?t been able to get the Pegasus recognized.

I don?t see any clear IRQ conflicts through Device Manager; yes, there are
shared IRQs, but I don?t think this is like the days of AT Machines and
manually configuring the IRQ; maybe I?m wrong, but I think other I/Os would
not be functioning either, and they are.

Is there a particular Baud I should select?

I?ve run a Pegasus in the past and did not have these issues, and had no
issues with my old build. I know I could probably resolve this by using the
header and installing a port in the case, but I?d rather use the 2 X DB9
card just in case I get anything else requiring that.

Thanks,

Art, KØRO