Re: [TenTec] power went out

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] power went out
From: "Frank Kirschner" <KF6E@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:57:26 +0000
My Ph.D. is in electrical engineering, and I majored in biomedical engineering.
In our internship program at Ohio State University hospital, we were informed
that around 50,000 people are electrocuted in hospitals in the US every year.
Most of this is relatively low voltage, inadvertendly applied to conductors
that are inside the body, either during surgery or after. Fifteen milliamps
through the heart is enough to send it into fibrillation.

 In spite of the fact that I've been repairing television sets since I was 12,
I would not power up an amp with the cover off. As was pointed out, all it
would take is a slip of the hand, and your XYL gets your life insurance.

 73,
 Frank
 KF6E