Re: [TenTec] power went out

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] power went out
From: John Molenda <cdistflatfoot@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:21:01 -0400
On 8/22/2011 5:22 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:
> John,
> If you are asking about cardboard tube fuses, they may not show anything
> if they open due to a surge.  You have to test them with an ohm meter.
>
> Be sure to disconnect from the mains line before doing any probing.
>
> Inspect all power path connections for proper solder joints, tight
> connectors, tight terminal strip screws, etc. before powering up with
> new fuses.  In fact, the ohm meter can show if there is a short on the
> DC bus positive to ground side.  If possible, isolate the final from the
> DC supply,as this test is easier to interpret if you open that circuit.
>
> -Stuart Rohre
> K5KVH
I gentlemen am the one with the sick amp .  I have very limited
knowledge and if I only understand one thing it is that the amp can kill
.   I checked the fuses with the continuity tool and the ohm meter per
someones instructions . (thanks) Both fuses appear to be open .  I have
ordered a few new ones and if it works Great if the fuses either don't
do the trick or blow again I will send it to the mother ship .  I have
taken no offense to any of the remarks but think of all the hams out
there who driven since they were 16 but wouldn't attempt a tune up or
repair of there vehicle .  Hell , I can't work on my truck either !  All
the best .  John Molenda kb2huk