Re: [TenTec] ANT analizer

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ANT analizer
From: "Frank Kirschner" <KF6E@mail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:18:31 -0500
I don't have one myself, but there was recently a discussion on the antenna
reflector. The Ten Tec unit has a neat graphical interface, but it only shows
the magnitude of the impedance, not the complex value, so you're only getting
half the information.

 I have the MFJ analyzer, and I have no complaints. It has both analog and
digital readout, and is quite easy to use. I've tuned numerous antennas with
it, both fixed and mobile.

 By the way, I recommend against using it as an analizer. It looks like it
would hurt. ;)

 73,
 Frank
 KF6E