Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues

To: "TenTec .com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:38:32 -0700 (PDT)
I just read the first post and not every  one else's so I apologize first for
my ignorance.

The common modes approach was just fine, how you got to it in what order does
not matter since it was a leaning experience.

Look into shielded grounds. Use a piece of RG8 in each end of the coax solder a
0.01 mfd 1000V cap from the shield to center conductor. Attach center conductor
to chassis of radio equipment. Drill a one inch hole through on basement floor
about one foot or more from the basement wall so you do not drill a hole
through the tile drains. pound in a 3/4 inch copper clad or galvanized ground
rod through that hole and attach the other end of the center conductor to the
STATION GROUND.

Eliminate any ground loops if possible, if not, install common mode choke.

I have tuned my artificial ground tuner between my station ground and
electrical ground

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD