Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:38:18 +0200
Hi Richard,

Nice Ten-Tec story.
Actually we had a Ten-Tec dealer here in Germany; a real one!
It was Georg Weiland in (or near) Hannover.
He even did service.
He retired in the 1980s and nobody took over the business.

We had about 15 years without a dealership until Appello-Funk became the new
Ten-Tec distributor.

The Ten-Tec radios are outstanding, but unfortunately priced too high to
compete with some of the JA rigs.
For instance, the TS-590 is about 500 EURO cheaper than the Eagle and on
paper, the Kenwood appears to offer more.

I take it you are doing Ten-Tec missionary work down under!
In any case your call signs are quite appropriate for your QTH.

73
Rick, DJ0IP

Hi Rick,
interesting topic! I got my first Ten Tec by accident, went to pick up an
Yaesu FT One from Wolfgang,DK7CY and saw an Omni 6+, the first Ten Tec I
ever saw in real, so about 3 month later I went back there and took it home!
What a beauty. After I had it home and used it for a bit,everything else
went on ebay! And then it happened. I bought a brand new Jupiter, which I
got direct from TT in US, as we had no dealer in DL, then I bought a Scout
(which I sold, big mistake), in the meantime I moved to VK3 and I kept
going. I sold the Jupiter, my Omni 6+ got killed in a fire and since I have
an Orion 565,Argonaut515, Argonaut V, Triton 540,544, Delta 580, Delta II
536, Corsair II, Omni V, 1220 and a Paragon which is hopefully on it's way
from the states. I usually lend some of my radios to club members, as
Australian's are not always "open minded", they like their Jap stuff, so I
give them a chance to play with a real radio. So far I converted 2 to buy a
Ten Tec, not much but better than nothing! I love them all, but I prefer the
older ones, as they sound better, can't get used to this DSP stuff. I might
try a Drake TR7 next, because I don't want to be "narrow minded" ;-)) Ten
Tec forever!!
Best regards und alles Gute
from Richard VK3KVK/DK3KVK