[TenTec] Omni C TX/RX drift

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C TX/RX drift
From: Ivin Flint <ivinflint@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
I had a comment while on the CW traffic net 40 meters tonight that my tx was
drifting up and down a little while transmitting on my Omni D series C.  I
could also hear the freq shift in the receiver.  The band was very noisy
tonight and I had just returned from receiving a message from a station that
was popping my AGC every transmit very hard.  (The worst aspect of this radio
and my biggest complaint).  I've thought about trading up for a Corsair II that
solved this problem.

Anyway I finished with the net and moved down freq and had a QSO with a guy who
said my signal was rock solid.  I called another net just a little later on 80
meters and my report again was solid, no drift.

I guess it is intermittent, but where should I start looking to trouble shoot
this issue?

BTW: I love this simple older radio. I bought it with traffic nets in mind
because it has a  Digital display, Great receiver, and I have all the filters
installed.  It is perfect for when you want to concentrate more on copying
formal traffic and less on finding a function on the rig.  Just flip a switch
for all adjustments or a quick turn of a knob.  No menus to draw your attention
away from what your doing.

Any help is appreciated.

Ivin W9ILF