Re: [TenTec] Omni VI plus Display

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI plus Display
From: Jim Goudie <jagoudie@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 23:07:11 -0400
Paul,

I have an Omni VI opt 3 that I purchased used.  I have had multiple display
problems.  When I opened it up and checked out the display board, it was
obvious that a previous owner had re-soldered things.  I cured some problems by
fixing some bad solder joints.  And there is a small flaky problem that I
haven't found yet (though the rig is currently on the shelf).

So, I'd suggest doing a good visual inspection of the board... re-solder
carefully...

A second possibility, maybe to try before the other... "exercise" the
connectors on the wiring that goes to that board.

73 & good luck!
Jim, AF3Z