Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:39:00 -0500
I don't know about an Amplified Microphone but, My friend W5SRR/Cary uses
an Unamplified Shure 444 set for High Impedance on his Corsair. I have had
Fantastic Results from my Corsair and Omni D using an Unamplified D-104.
The Corsair, Corsair II and Omni series radio's use an FET Input or High
Impedance Input. Just an Old Non- Amplified D-104 will drive my Corsair and
Omni D very well. With of course the Tinny D-104 Sound. This was a surprise
to me because these are Solid State Radio's. I guess it has to do with the
time in history that these radio's were made. They probably wanted them to
work with Microphones of the Era/Day. High Impedance Microphones work Very
Well on them. Just a Heads Up OM.....

  73 and May God Bless de Wade/KJ4WS