Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 noise on some bands

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 noise on some bands
From: K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 09:38:35 -0400
Let me try again, perhaps a bit more terse and maybe less confusing/confused:

Is there a particular circuit, board, or cable I should examine that would explain (a) normal receive operation on amateur bands below 14 MHz but (b) extremely high receive noise on bands above 14 MHz?

There must be some signal path that is operative only on 20m-10m. I'm not knowledgeable enough to identify it.

--John K3GHH